I ADVISE DOCTORS ON BUYING A HOME

WHEN MOVING TO OR FROM RESIDENCY

 

Learn MoreContact Me

My wife is a Family Practice Physician and we bought our first house when we moved to residency – many lessons learned.

Now, I am a licensed real estate agent and I have created this site to help doctors navigate the unique situation of trying to buy a home when beginning or leaving residency.

I’M NOT GOING TO BE YOUR AGENT…

but if you haven’t already found an agent that you trust, then let’s connect before you take another step.

Physician Loans

Great opportunity or a huge gamble? Learn more about physician mortgage loans, when they are helpful, and where to find them.

Med-School Debt

You gotta feed the monkey… but it doesn’t have to keep you from having a comfortable home.

 

Home Buying Process

Having a good idea of the terminology and what each step of the home buying process involves will save you money and frustration.

Buying a Home is Not Rocket Surgery

Let’s face it, you got through med-school, you can probably buy a house. 

This site will help you avoid some of the pitfalls and dead-ends that many doctors meet in that space between the no-job-for-four-years-lots-of-debt of finishing med-school and the good-job-but-haven’t-started-yet of your life after residency.

F.A.Q.s

What do I offer you?

Two things mainly:

• There is a wide spectrum of good agents to bad agents. I will help you find an experienced professional.

• A doctor both beginning and leaving residency is a unique financial situation. As someone who has been there, I can help you set a roadmap for success.

How much does it cost?

Generally, it won’t cost you anything (the earlier you bring me into the process, the less likely it will cost anything).

And if you want to totally DIY, you’ll find that almost everything is available somewhere on this website.

You can read about how the site is supported here.

What states do I work in?

The whole U.S.A.

What if you already have an agent?

If you already have an agent, you can still feel free to get in touch. One of the primary things I offer is the vetting of a good agent for you and advising you on a few things to do before getting an agent.

What if you're not a doctor?

I’m happy to talk with you even if you’re not a doctor (I’m not :)). 75% of the info here is good for everyone. The other 25% is maybe not applicable to you if you’re not a doctor starting or leaving residency.

What if you're long done with residency?

Feel free to call. But please understand that I focus mainly on advising first-time home buyers not on investment properties.

What if you haven't decided whether or not you're going to buy?

Buying may not be right for you. Here’s a post on that.

But feel free to reach out if you want to brainstorm it with someone – just understand, I am not a financial consultant.

Reach Out

Feel free to call, text, message me on Facebook, or send me a message here.

956.887.1157

@physicianhomeadvisor

Leave A Message

Where are you in the home buying process?

4 + 15 =